Monday, June 09, 2008

Tribute to My First Band

AAAahhhhhhhh.....there's nothing like the sweet memories of busting a tune with your first band. It's like your first crush...doesn't last long, but you'll remember it for a very long time...probably the rest of your life...
I remember those times...when me and the band was so young and ambitious...we really thought we could conquer the world with our music...and that we could play anything...well at least I did...I thought there was no tune I could not conquer...
Anyway, the first band I was in was a trio...It featured Sam on the drums, Serene on the keyboards and me on the guitars. I was 13 at the time...and just started learning the guitar...and just like person who's just introduced to an instrument, I went through that awkward period trying to coordinate my hands...I practiced till me fingers were bruised...but when I finally got it, boy did i felt good.
Sam too just learned the drums and had some difficulty getting the timing and rhythm right...but he got it eventually, and Serene...well, she was the veteran in the team.
And...when we finally mastered our first song...we played it in front of our first audience...Mom and Dad...I think we blew them away...anyway here's a youtube video of the original song...



Speaking of bands...here's my new favorite one...you have to turn up the amplitude to bust this one out...


4 comments:

Serenely said...

Yaaaaa... I remember searching through the internet for the tabs and chords for this song and having an impromptu whack at this song together... but I can't really recall presenting it to mum and dad though, hmmm *scratch head* does mum or dad remember such an event?

Ah Bou said...

Yeah, they were there...we performed it in their bedroom...where the drum kit was placed...but they probably don't really remembers...common, mom and dad...prove me wrong....

Alfred Lee said...

I discussed with Mom and we did remember the drum set in our room (courtesy of Justin Fung), Mom said she borrowed a keyboard from somewhere and well, I listened to the song, the tune sounded familiar. The 3-pc band did play in our bedroom !

jenQker said...

talk about live surround system... even 'Dolby' cant top as live as that