Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Growing up......

Everybody has some kind of role model, or fantasy when they were growing up. I remember clearly who mine was…personally I think it was rather bizarre. Well, basically, Sam adored Spider-man…he would always be wearing the fruit sack ( those things “Tai Sing” use to package their fruits), and he’ll hang in all sorts of acrobatic positions on the swing…pretending he was Spider-man… Serene on the other hand… well, frankly, I don’t really have a clue…she was mostly playing with her doll house and Barbies… I reckon she saw women with impossible figures as a bench mark (I really don’t know, maybe girls never go though that phase…which would make my intro pretty redundant…or…they’re too shy to talk about it)…anyway, as bizarre as it sounds…I simply adored Michael Jackson… I haven’t a clue why really. Maybe it’s because he was at the peak of his career. Or ,maybe simply because my maid loved MJ as well… so when I was young…I used to ask my maid to tie a pony-tail for me (like MJ)…and I would be running around the house trying to bust a move, or sing a MJ tune…As you would expect, mom wasn’t really a fan about this whole ordeal...( with good reason as well, seeing how he turned out)…One of the things that would drive my mom absolutely nuts is when I go jumping around the house singing those famous line “You know I’m bad…I’m bad…I’m bad, I’m bad, I’m bad…” (it was one of his hits at the time …and probably the easiest to remember as a 5 year old)… my mom would say something like “If you bad Paul, I have to rottan you” …well, it didn’t catch on after that... I don’t go around acting like MJ anymore…but still, remembering those day just puts a smile on my face…you know, as a child…the innocence and ability to capture imagination or catapult oneself into a whole new world…it just fascinating at times what children can do to amuse themselves…it’s a face that nobody really appreciates really…but when it’s gone…it’s gone…so don’t stifle children of imagination…encourage it…who knows…we might learn a thing or two.

3 comments:

jenQker said...

MJ? i thought it was superman. come to think of it... u do resemble the pedophile if you leave ur shirt unbutton... just like the "u are not alone" video clip... kekeke. peace man.

Penny152 said...

Yep, I remember that pony tail - I was puzzled why you wanted it done - normally you were so macho.. Good thing that phase went off - otherwise......

Serenely said...

What happened to Batman? I thought he was your hero?