Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hah...No More Complains Ya'll

Hello everybody, it’s been a while. I apologize, there’s really no good reason for the lack of post, well, other than laziness and lack of ideas. Anyway, just wanted you guys to know everything is fine over hear in Newcastle. The weather is finally starting to feel like autumn, and not a moment too soon. The heat was just annoying. Well just to let you know…I just started my second term of the semester. The courses have been going pretty smoothly. It’s definitely tougher but it does expose us to the current engineering practice in Australia. Oh, this semester, I’m taking a course called hydrology which is being thought by the head of the civil discipline. I must say, he kind of reminds me Wong Fu, my high school physics teacher. He sets the most ridiculous assignment question. Never the less, he has a sage like presence…he seems to command a lot of respects…from peers and students.

The FOCUS group (my bible study group) has been doing pretty well lately. There seems to be a different attitude among the circle. A sort of air of enthusiasm seems to be present now. Oh, F.Y.I, we have a new full time worker leading the group now, his name is Dene. He came this year as a replacement for Senno (who left to continue his ministry in Bathust). We all definitely miss him, he had such charisma and an easy going attitude. However we all have easily warm up to Dene as well. He’s definitely passionate about his work and an all around nice guy. But what strikes me the most is his incredible honesty with the group. He and his wife are so open about various aspects of their lives, like their finances and marriage. For instance, he go like “I just got this amount of money from…and I’m thinking of…” or “I currently have this amount of money…” in conversations. Sometimes he and his wife will talk about their marriage and like some of their struggles. I personally think it’s really neat that they feel they have nothing to hide from the group. I don’t think I never met anybody that honest or rather open in my life (family doesn’t count, we’re suppose to be open to each other).

Speaking of which, my friend had a very cute quarrel with his girlfriend (nothing serious). It all started when his gf decided to surprise him after class. So she waited for him outside the engineering faculty. Unfortunately, because he wasn’t expecting her, so they never met up. Naturally, he gets an angry phone call from her...I could tell that he was overcome by anxiety. So being the nice guy that I am, I gave him the best advice I could possibly give. I told him my standard 101 which was “I’m sorry…you were right… I was wrong…please forgive me…it won’t happen again”…and he replied “But I didn’t do anything wrong”…and hence my reply was simply “dude…you gave up your right to be ‘right’ the moment you decided to date”…hahahahahha…awesome…I particularly like fooling around with these two love bird…his gf would sometimes ask me “So what did you guys talk about during the break”…and I would go… “Well, he said…eeeeerrrr wait…no, I can’t tell you…it’s better that you don’t know.” Anyway, it’s all done in good fun…no damage (not even a dent) was ever done by any of my silly remarks… cause they know I’m just kidding (definitely sure)…

Anyway, I stop here…I’ll post more about my easter break when I get pictures of friends. I’m beat anyway…till then…

4 comments:

lynjocelyn said...

..so you gotten your rights back already r?=P

good to know youre enjoying your FOCUS group..
8D
jo

Serenely said...

BF/GF disagreements always seem amusing from the outside.... until you're in one yourself... don't laugh too much, because it just might be you next time!

Ah Bou said...

Oh...it's all in good fun...that barely qualified as a disagreement ...if it was that serious, i wouldn't have blog about it in the first place...i still have a heart ... hahhaha

lynjocelyn said...

hahahha!.. ya serene's right!