Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blast From The Past

Top of the day gov’ner!

Well peeps, another semester has gone by…and I’m here alone in my room alone finally able to reflect on what was a rather eventful and hectic semester…looking back…I have so much to thank God for…for one, I guess it was my semester results, I pretty aware that I’ve been quite visibly paranoid about it…but at the end…somehow, I manage to surpass even my own expectations…I felt somewhat undeserving at first, but after listening to George’s (he’s the lecturer for one of my subjects this semester…again) explanation which in essence was that our results reflected our comprehension on the subject…but, I would be rather blunt to think I did it all on my own…so, not through formalities or force, I thank God for not only my results, but all the experiences of last semester…

Anyway, contrary to what people might think, I do think about home more than ‘once in a while’, and I do miss home and the familiarity of it…I was just browsing through some of my photos, and I realize I have quite a decent sizable archive of pictures…Anyway, I was just reliving all those moments in my mind (and it still brings a chuckle or two)… So, allow me to share some of those moments with you guys.

This is Newcastle beach during the winter...the breeze always ensures a smooth surface

That's dinner at TEDS (at the dining hall)...during my freshman year...good memories, but i rather no go through that all over again. Oh, and that Lina to my right

I don't know the deal with the pose...but i think this picture was taken in a McDonald's where Jia Meng did her placement...I think it's funny how a McDonald's found its way into a hospital

That were some of the guest for my 21th birthday...the funny thing was that I knew it was coming, but it still took me by surprise...at least I had my shirt and pants on when they barge in my room...anyway...it was fun...

There's something to be said about our brotherly relationship...somehow we seem to enjoy ourselves at the expense of the other's suffering...hahaha

The thought of more surprises was petrifying

Lazy Sunday afternoons...the best kind

You know who they are...the folks...heheheeh, boy have they aged gracefully...seeing my parents is always a sight for sore eyes...

The patio has become somewhat a prominent feature of the house...perfect for those lazy days.
Baby Ryan (or not so baby anymore), will always have the distinction of being the 1st 5th generation of the family...that's quite an honor.

Two of my cousins...I put this picture simply because I was telling my some of my friends over here about the time I prank a highschool friend into thinking Caleb was WanWan...which by the way, was true...good times.

Man, I remember this picture like it was yesterday...in my last post, I elaborated on Serena's courage...I think this says it all about Dad (affectionately known as the "fighting cock")...despite having his shoulder disc dislocated, and for the better part...looking like Quasimodo, he was still out there attending business commitments and hanging with the family.

This picture is prove the man can experience both happiness and pain at the same time...or rather...that joy can be the best suppressor to pain...Dad loves spending time with his nieces and speaks highly of them...which is a good thing...


'Christmas by Candlelight'...this has always been one of my highlights of the year...man I just love Christmas...such peace and serenity...there's just something about a large group of people gathering together and singing/belting Christmas carols and remembering the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ...or should I say...the unveiling and fulfillments of God's plans...

Serene's rookie year as a wife...need to ask for her current stats to see how's she going now...

This was a small gathering of friends to celebrate Christina's (chick to my right) birthday.

The reason i decided to put this picture; I think Sam looks like Tom Green...oh, this was in Kinabalu National Park.

The last Chinese New Year I celebrated back home...well, I have nothing against Chinese New Year, but it's always feel so monotonous and 'too festive' for my taste...besides, it's CNY is essentially a celebration of 'ME'

Next Gen civil engineer...soon the future of some of the world's infrastructures will be thrust unto our hands...

Is it me, or does Samuel seem to have an uncanny ability to know when the camera/spotlight is on him...I think this shot was suppose to be candid.
Family gathering to celebrate grandma's 74th birthday...I remember it as a day that the family seem extra bonded for the occasion...I think Dad said it was the 1st time the whole family gathered to celebrate grandma's or any member for that matter birthday.

Not to brag...but i think I had my share of achievements in high school...just a little slice of the cake...

Last day at wintercon (organized by the Newcastle Christian Society,NCS camp). For some reason, some of us decided to brace the chilly breeze to watch the sunrise at Foster beach.

And here's the sunrise...I particularly like this picture...I think the Sun puncturing the skies beyond the horizon was quite a spectacular sight.

Picture of some of the boys at wintercon...from left: Brendon, me, Homo and Johnny Boy...

Well, I have to apologize for not taking more pictures...but you know...I was more in a spontaneous mode and definitely there to enjoy things at the spur of the moment...so, yeah... was hard to like say "Playing Ball? Hold on, let me take a picture before i join ya...". I mean, i could, but it just wouldn't be me...anyway...wintercon was a great camp to relax and have fun... but more importantly...get refreshed and recharge for the following semester...this one week i guess help me get re-acquainted, relearning the Gospel and the cross...or rather...to see the bigger picture of the concept of the cross...I say concept because i don't have the proper word to describe it now...Oh, and the teachings also allowed me to be clearer on prioritizing and equipping myself to answer the hard questions that being a Christian demands...

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the picture...and Mom...does this warrant my ownership of the camera

4 comments:

Penny152 said...

Don't worry, i've got my very own camera - a Sony 7.2 mega pixel ! Am still trying to get the most out of it.

lynjocelyn said...

hey bao luo,

its an awesome update on your side.. seeing a different side of you... you finally allow some insight into your reflections.. which is cool=)

your hair... err... u cut r? so short.

more importantly, its a joy to know a friend's faith has been refreshed. i hope you'll continue to grow.. always.

congrats on your superb results!. i told you no need to worry la. stress only.

smile,
jo

Alfred Lee said...

It is always moving moments to go back to history. We as parents are pround to be part of the growing process and creation of good and fond memories though some may not be so nice. Thank son for the terrific shots published. Hope to see the smooth beach in Newcastle in a not so long future !:)

Serenely said...

Finally... some updates after the long silence!!!