Friday, August 10, 2007

The Inevitable Update

Mornin’ troopers…how’s the fort holding up? Anyway, just to get formalities out of the way…I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates…I don’t explicitly know why I’m doing so…because…maybe life is really mundane here…not that I hate mundane…in fact, thrive in it…just that sometimes I lack the skills to juice up the unexcitable stuff.

So it’s now week 4 (or rather the end of…) which means works has been steadily pilling up…which is always a bummer…somehow my mind tells me that work load should increase as I get deeper into the course, but my body just is unable to keep up…but like always…by God’s grace…I will cope…

Well, week 4 is quite an extravagant event for NCS (Newcastle Christian Students/Society…don’t really know)…it’s typically known as evangelical week…so as the name suggest, the NCS members will be frantically promoting their evangelical events running throughout the rest of the semester…so, as FOCUS is part of NCS, we too are helping to promote those events…more specifically…our Friday talk entitled “Why didn’t Jesus come to my country”…which is not really a talk aiming at evangelizing…but more as an introduction to Jesus…hopefully, that will get them curious enough to join the other organized evangelical programs…

Anyway, our FOCUS group decided to set up a free coffee/tea stand in front of the library’s computer lab to facilitate our promotion of the bible talk on Friday (did I say it right….sounds funky)…anyway… like mom ordered…I took some pictures (actually I gave the camera to a friend and told her to go crazy)…so enjoy

P.S, I think I write more than necessary…I must learn how to compact my writings…

That's Tana, she's a pretty cool chic...she does a mean "talk to the hand" gesture
Penny Lane a.k.a Rockstar and The D-Man (FOCUS worker) having a chat
Yoong doing the stereotypical "asian pose"...I put this up to illustrate a point...oh and she's quite a fan of Dad (as in my Dad), because I told her Dad liked Duran Duran, Backstreet Boys and trance music
Matt filling up the thermos
Yours truly indulging a Tim-Tam cookie with a nice cold polystyrene cup of fresh milk...oh and that's Ruth to my left


Oh, by the way...it's just a coincidence (or maybe not a coincidence, depending on how you look at it) that there were mostly girls in the pictures...First, i didn't take the pictures...someone else did...but really, Matt was effectively the only guy helping that night, I was just there to take some snap shots (did my shift on Tuesday)...so there you go...

4 comments:

Serenely said...

Waaaahhh.... change blog theme... nice ler.

So did the promotion get a good response?

Serenely said...

So, where is this Yoong from? You're stepping into new zone by mentioning that she likes dad's taste in music... I better warn you first!

Ah Bou said...

The response was pretty good...maybe went through about 100++ cups. We had about maybe 30 people attending the event itself...Anyway serene i don't get what you're saying....what new territory...I pretty much tell everybody about my family...including dad's taste in music

lynjocelyn said...

hahah.. i probably can tell what serene meant... read between the lines lar.

anyway.. new look huh?

jo