Tuesday, April 19, 2005

One to my dad

I watch the Tennis Masters Monte Carlos final between Rafael Nadal and Guillermo Coria. It was a grinder, long baseline rallies, touch shots, lots of running and slidding, in the end it was Nadal who triumph in a grueling 6-3,6-1,0-6,7-5 encounter. Somehow, watching the match here seem different. Back when i was still in KK, my dad and I would watch tennis matches together and make our own predictions, he seem to always support the opposite number. That's because my dad just loves underdogs and always rooted for them. I on the other hand always went for percentage, higher probability and form. I could just imagine how my dad would be all over me after that match, he'll probably say something like "See, I told you !". Nadal, was no doubt the underdog in this match.So, here's one to you dad, I'll get you the next time.

1 comment:

Alfred Lee said...

I didn't get the chance to watch Nadia and Coria. However, I did watch a bit of the match between Nadia and the upcoming French teen player (forgot his name. I believe he is the next star to watch. Anyway, watching tennis without my son Paul is definitely not so exciting. One thing for sure, I have nobody to bet with. As far as Mom is concerned, she would tend to bet for what Paul goes for. Sigh....