Friday, March 03, 2006

Entropy: the secret of life...

End of the day, feeling good…just had dinner, a rather late one, no reason other than the fact that I can…hahahahahah…no more 6:30 dinners for me anymore…Had fried rice… Kylie Kwong style…feeling mighty proud of myself…I’m full, satisfied and contented… On another note, I was reading through some of my philosophy lecture notes…this subject is like nothing I ever done before…it’s abstract and lots and lots of text…very uncanny for an engineer…had to read through say…40 pages for week 2 lectures…very intense stuff, and confusing…after all, it’s philosophy…and because of people like Plato and Socrates, philosophy subjects are always very mind blowing to the simple minded (like me)…but, because of modern technology and people with a lot of free time, there are lots of places where you can find external reading…hence “Wikepedia”…that’s one very handy tool, I was finding it difficult to understand some of the concepts there, but through “wikepedia”, most of my problems are solved…anyway, just to give you guys an idea of what this course is about…we’re studying the effects of modern technology upon human civilization and society…e.g like how technology effects societies’ economic, politics, culture…etc etc. Some of the things we learn are quite interesting…like how life can be explain by the 1st law and 2nd lar of thermodynamics…I won’t go into it, simply because I don’t think you guys want to hear it…and it’s quite complex at a certain level…even I don’t fully understand it…well, now I’m just gonno chill out, watch a flick and drink my ginseng…

5 comments:

Alfred Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alfred Lee said...

Wow, I can't imagine engineering students doing philosophy. We didn't have such priviledge at our time.I think it's good for engineers to do other study beside pure engineering stuff. It will broaden their horizon and perspective. I think it can also enhance their communication skill. But the relevance of 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics to humanity is mind boggling. Interesting...:)

Alfred Lee said...

Before I forget, I notice your posting time of this blog is 2.40am and you blogged that you just had dinner. Is it because your computer 's time has not been synchronised ?

Ah Bou said...

It's an integral part of describing energy and it's relation to life...it's quite interesting actually...tutorials normally consist of discussion and stuff like that...it's good... well, i don't know why the time hay wired...but it's definitely out of sync...don't really know with what...my computer clock is fine...have no real explanation for that...so don't bother about the time.

Serenely said...

You can change the time in your blogspot settings... good to change, otherwise mom and dad worry that you are screwing up your body immune system with crazy sleep patterns!