Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Weekender

Week 2 has just ended for me…now begins the second of my long weekends…in case you don’t know by now…I have Fridays and Mondays off…which translate into…well, long weekends…nothing really much to say, but I guess, life here is getting better by the day…my first week was just a disaster, full house lectures…odd hours …lecture materials I didn’t understand…it was intense…everything was so hectic…I never had to go through 8 hours of class in a day before…well, not since high school…I’m in uni man, give me a break…but on the bright side, 2 days off…anyway, first week was really hectic…couldn’t help but feel overwhelm by the whole task at hand…so much work, assignments…and knowledge to comprehend…did feel a little deflated by the end of the week…man, I need to be inspired…somebody, inspire me!!! Hahahahhaha…which I could buy inspiration from the supermarkets…maybe I’ll just listen to Bach…
On the other hand, week 2 has been really good, starting to slide into the whole system…real smooth baby…started to have an understanding of what the lecturers are talking about…and getting use to the whole 8 hour thing…must be the first week syndrome (did I talk about that in my last post)…anyway, life is sweet…well, sweeter than a week ago…oh, and I’ve been eating much healthily, had two proper meals already…courtesy of Bobby, my room mate…which is good, he cooks to release his stress, I eat to survive…sounds like a perfect match…
Well, Bob’s going down to Sydney this weekend, which means I’ll have the whole room to myself…gonno be good, will have some personal space to chill, play the guitar or something…or watch a little NBA this weekend…good match, Wizard Vs Sixers (Sam will probably listen to it over the radio…poor kid)…other than that…nothing much…will just plan to kick back and relax this weekend…meet up with some friends and all that…till then, we’ll see what the weekend will have installed for me…

3 comments:

Penny152 said...

Take comfort, I'm in the same boat where studies are concerned. BTW, 8 hours of lectures in a day is definitely too much. Are you sure the Uni is not short-changing you students? Or it it the way you choose your lectures and tutorials?

Ah Bou said...

Nope,it's the way it's design this semester, no matter how i arrange my timetable, i'll only have class from tuesday to thursday...yeah, the uni is going through some changes...timetable is only affected for subjects outside the engineering faculty...but, i guess most people would rather be in my situation...so no point complaining...

jenQker said...

did you know that magic traded francis to the knicks. he sucks lar, even the media says so. individualistic player. and anfernee is back in orlando. but they are waiving him due to injury. and grant hill is back!
while u watch nba. i'll be on the courts doing ma thing!