Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 3 in Paradise

Two post in a row…that must be some kind of record…someone should seriously pop open the celebration, cause this frequency in blogging should be rewarded. Another lazy day as usual…but who says lazy days are bad…anyway, ‘Heroes’ is only up to season 1 episode 15 here…which baffles me, since like the series aired here on January, and was up to episode 5 when I left for Newcastle in February…strange…maybe it’s a mystery we can get Mulder to solve…you know…I was planning to get some reading done during this break…particularly my mini book project ‘In Cold Blood’…but man, this house has been way way to comfortable…the living room is a definite no no, since the TV is always turned on…I tried reading in the patio, but the chairs were uncomfortable, and my butt just hurt after like 15 minutes…so I tried the living room upstairs…but after like 5 pages…I just dozed off and ended up napping…challenging reading has taken a whole new meaning…boy I can tell you that…

Anyway, I was watching a documentary about the London sewers which was build during the 1850s…part of a 7 series documentary titled ‘7 wonders of the industrial world’, which reminded me of another episode that I watched about the Brooklyn Harbor Bridge…of all the 7 episodes…this one was my favorite…the bridge is truly a modern marvel, the way it was constructed was simply stunning…the amount of detail and lateral thinking involve…it’s a story of passion, perseverance and courage…but above that…it’s a love story…about a wife’s enduring love and unending devotion to her husband …check it out sometime…it has something for everyone…action, romance…you name it.


No comments: